is a form of energy that originates from a process or manner that has a less negative impact to the environment than other energy sources. Fossil fuels, one example of an energy produced with a harmful side effect to the environment.
What are the types of green energy?
There are few green energy types which includes solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy, nuclear energy and hydro energy. Let us differentiate them to understand their distinction.
1. Solar energy – It is a form of green energy that has been harnessed by humans since ancient times. This kind of energy uses the radiant light and heat from the sun. This kind of energy is being used today most especially from small island that doesn’t have electricity yet.
2. Wind Energy – This kind of energy form is a conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy. There are cities in different countries that use this kind of form of energy in order to sustain their energy need. Wind energy uses wind turbines to make electricity, wind mills for mechanical power, wind pumps for pumping water or drainage or sails to propel ships etc…
3. Geothermal Energy – Geothermal, from its root words geo which means earth and thermos which means heat is thermal energy stored in the earth. Geothermal energy is a kind of energy source that determines the temperature of matter. The Geothermal energy of the earth originates from the original formation of the planet; it comes from the radioactivity decay of minerals, from volcanic activity, and from solar energy absorbed at the surface.
4. Nuclear Energy – This kind of energy is produces by controlled non expensive nuclear reactions. Commercial and utility plants currently use nuclear fission reactions to heat water to produce steam which is then used to generate electricity.
5. Hydro Energy – Hydro energy or what others call hydroelectricity is the term referring to electricity generated by hydropower. The production of electrical power through the use of gravitational force of falling or falling water. It is the most widely used form of green energy.
The ultimate goal of green energy is by and large create energy with as little as pollution as possible produced as a by-product. We cannot deny that every form of energy collection will result in some pollution or destruction to the atmosphere or environment. Nevertheless, green form of energy are well known for contributing less negative impact than those other form of energy.
What is the purpose of Green energy?
We all know that aside from air that we need in order to live, energy is something that this world should not run out in order to continue its every advance. This planet is incessantly being destructed by human without them knowing it for the longer time. Greenhouse gases, an example of a by-product of traditional sources of energy such as fossil fuels are thought to be causing the frightening global warming. It is incontestable that mother earth is heating up in a hasten pace which is why the demand for green energy sources are implausibly growing.
What are the other sources of green energy?
Aside from solar, wind nuclear, hydro and geothermal form of energy, a green energy source can be a building that is designed in a way that it keeps itself cool in the daytime in order to conserve electricity. This kind of architecture or building design will let you have a fine temperature at daytime and heated in the night through its architecture rather than having air-conditioning or heating system. The conservation of energy through architectural design becomes itself a source of green energy.
Likewise there is another way for to conserve energy, for example a community or small town can be covered with solar panels for the purpose of collecting energy to be used for generating energy. There are problems that we are facing regarding energy concerns and it is good to know that there are alternatives that we can use that produces less negative effect to the environment. I was quite amaze by the fact the energy can be derived from these given God’s grandeur and just recently I have stumbles upon another form of green energy: the waste to green energy.
Waste to Green energy: What is it?
Waste to green energy is a form of green energy source that derived from garbage. How is it possible? With the technology called biosphere, garbage is being converted to energy through a process that harnesses the combustibility of waste to create a heat source that produce an extremely hot stream that will then generate green energy.
We are all aware that waste is one of the foremost problems that we have. It is one cause of multiple illnesses and catastrophes that we continuously countenance. Land depletion is the number one problem that we encounter because of landfills for hoarding waste which is why this type of green energy source is something that shouldn’t be ostracized.
One Goal of Green energy or green technology is to take obtainable fossil fuel energy technology and clean it up by focusing alternative form of energy that is greener and cleaner. The success of each type of energy depends upon the aptitude to take out damaging by-products from fossil fuels while not only being energy efficient but by being able to produce cost efficient green energy that doesn’t compromise environmental conservation.